Intercampus Program in Communicative Disorders
The University of Kansas Medical Center Clinics
Testing / treatment is available for all standard speech and / or language problems with specialized services of the following:
- Voice disorders (laryngeal/velopharyngeal).
- Speech needs related to laryngectomy or glossectomy.
- Feeding and swallowing problems of physical origin.
- Cognitive deficits from acquired neurological changes.
- Speech disorders in children with medical conditions.
- Communication delays in infants and toddlers.
Testing / treatment is available for all routine complaints related to hearing with specialized services as follows:
- Evaluation for "hard-to-test" individuals and newborns.
- Electrophysiological measures (Auditory Evoked Potential test battery including ECochG, ABR, MLR, LLR, P-300, MMN, ASSR; otoacoustic emissions).
- Hearing aid fitting and dispensing.
- Cochlear implant team (provided through KUMC ENT).