SPLH Degrees


Undergraduates in the Department of Speech-Language-Hearing: Sciences and Disorders study the basic processes of human communication. Programs are designed for the student who seeks a career in speech, language, or hearing or is interested in normal communication development and communication disorders.

Beginning with the undergraduate experience, you'll find stimulating course work, clinical observation, and a variety of hands-on laboratory projects. To practice as a speech-language pathologist, you will need to earn a master’s degree. Plan to pursue doctoral studies if you want to practice audiology or do research in speech, language, and hearing processes and disorders.

Qualified KU undergraduates may earn both a B.A. in Speech-Language-Hearing: Sciences and Disorders and M.A. in Speech-Language Pathology in approximately 5 years through the Accelerated M.A. program. 

Degrees offered:


KU offers graduate programs in audiology and speech-language pathology through its Intercampus Program in Communicative Disorders. This relationship between the Lawrence and KU Medical Center campuses provides opportunities for extensive clinical and research experience, along with access to top-level faculty in these fields. 

Degrees offered: